It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Slower Chore and Visit Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Something was definitely wrong. Last night we both slept fairly solid throughout the night. I was wide awake shortly after 7:00 and Kathy was up less than a half hour later. After watching the Weather Channel and imagining the beautiful weather that they are predicting for the next few days it was time to make breakfast. Kathy’s arms bother her most right after she gets out of bed in the morning probably because she lays on them through the night. So I whipped up a batch of banana pancake mix to which Kathy defrosted some mixed berries to put on top. Her pancakes turned out perfectly but by the time I put the berries and whipped cream on her pancakes mine got slightly overdone on the bottom. Oh well I just added a bit of syrup along with the berries to hide the taste.   
Once breakfast was completed we sat at the computers to get completely caught up on our reading that we’d missed out on yesterday. Kathy started back assorting photographs she plans on giving to the kids which means there will be that much less STUFF in our apartment. I took my morning shower and shave as we normally spend Wednesday night visiting with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. That’s when we got an E-mail from Melissa telling us Kevin had been sick again the last few days and his doctor said the test showed he was full of Gallstones from all the medication that he takes. I need to pick up a few tools from the garage so we still will visit with Melissa for a few minutes. 
After chicken noodle soup for lunch Kathy went back to her picture sorting while I went outside to finish remounting the second license plate. For something so simple I ended up going to Plan D before it finally worked the way that I was satisfied with. 
Back inside the apartment I made a few phone calls to Bogar’s to see if the mud flap parts had come in from Quebec yet. Then I called Sun Parlour Trailer to see if the parts for the trailer had arrived yet. Keystone has not shipped them out yet because they don’t have the smallest and least important part to ship with the rest of the order.  
I used the Weber Q to grill a couple of nice sirloin steaks for supper while Kathy made salad and sautéed more Asparagus for the sides. I have personally noticed that it is very hard to undercook anything on the grill and very difficult to overcook it either. The only thing that wasn’t quite right was our first attempt at grilling pizza but it worked with the pizza stone.
 Tonight Kathy visited with Melissa while I picked up the tools I need to borrow in the garage. Kevin needed to rest but we still had an enjoyable visit as usual. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Every time you go to Vegas you come home pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Yum.....banana pancakes! Nice way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I haven't had pancakes for a long time, and banana pancakes sound especially good. BBQ, too! :)

    ReplyDelete