It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Making Progress With Glitches

Our Location for Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We didn't stick around the apartment too long this morning. The plan was to complete more of the projects I was working on in the trailer.
As we approached the storage yard our first glitch occurred. The last time we had come to the trailer we had used the car and the remote for the secondary gate was still in it. Driving to the main gate was a simple matter of using the touchpad to enter.
As we approached the trailer we could see our second glitch. Starting at supper time last night we had some extensive rain making it look like the trailer was surrounded by a small lake. Kathy and I managed to load the supplies into the trailer without tracking to much mud in. As Kathy put things away inside I was removing things from the basement that we felt would not be needed on this next trip. Kathy also found a few other things inside the trailer that we had talked of leaving behind. By lunchtime we had refilled the back seat of the truck to the ceiling.
Now it was time to eat lunch. Kathy had made sandwiches and brought fruit in an insulated bag with a cold pack. It felt like being back on the road. After lunch Kathy wanted to have a dry run of setting up the bed in the rear bedroom. That was our third glitch because we had never done it yet and the last time it was opened was when the trailer tech had walked us through the trailer the day we picked it up last year. After some guess work we finally had it set up and inflated and in no time had stored it back as the couch. As we will be traveling with another couple in our truck and trailer on our next trip we thought it wise to be able to set up their sleeping accomodations rather than getting to our first stop and not be able to do so.
With that done Kathy continued working inside while I worked towards finishing the wiring job I had started at our son's last month. As I installed a fuse block and relays things were taking shape. I had run the hot wire to the battery connected it to the fuse block and started connecting the wires from the rear plug to the relays when I ran into my fourth glitch. Being I had been suffering with an Abcessed Tooth when I connected those wires at the plug I had run an extra wire in case one would short out. The problem was I couldn't remember which one I had connected. To the back of the trailer I went to dissassembled the plug to find I had used the lighter guage wire instead of the heavier one. A blessing in disguise so twenty minutes later everything was fixed on the plug and I was back wiring the relays at the front of the trailer.
Even though I still need to tap into the feed lines to trigger the relays it was getting near supper time. We closed up shop at the trailer around 5:00 and headed home. I dropped Kathy at the door so she could start supper cooking while I parked and unloaded the truck.
Once we were in the apartment we listened to our voice mail. One of the messages was from the Computer Shop informing us Kathy's Pc was ready for pickup. The cause of the malfuntion was the Firewall that our internet provider had in place and was causing all the problems. It shows how good the techs are that our provider has on staff.
With only 11 days before we are on the road to a new adventure we are making progress getting ready. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers

You might be a Redneck if

You've shooed dogs from your yard

with bottle rockets.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly hope Mr. Murphy leaves you alone now and that your trip goes off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete