It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Carefree Technology. NOT!!!

Our Location Today Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

I'm sure those that are regular followers of this post have thought that we were sick again because we didn't post yesterday. That wasn't the problem at all. On Tuesday night when we hit the sack we saw progress being made on our research and reservations for the next trip. Wednesday morning after a good night of sleep we found ourselves in the middle of a nightmare as soon as we went on-line.
Back in November we had signed into a deal to have our cell phones and television service brought into the same service as our telephone and internet service. We have had many growing pains with the satellite system and some head scratching with the new smart-phones but that was nothing compared to yesterday.
Kathy was in the process of making a reservation when a notice appeared that she was trying to communicate from an account that did not exist. She notified me just as I was sending out an E-mail and received the same message.
As soon as I was talking to a tech at our providers I started to feel sick because from the tech to his supervisor they all kept telling me that my old E-mail addresses had been cancelled to our old user accounts. My arguement was I didn't cancel my service so our E-mail addresses were not cancelled.
Remember back in February they sent me a new wireless modem. Then the following month being double charged for services. By using the new modem changed our user I.D. and thus meant our E-mail addresses and I.D. became null and void but it didn't happen in February it happened yesterday. Nobody explained any of this before they just did it. On the first call to tech support they finally explained it to me and said have a nice day. That wasn't what I was saying under my breathe the worst part no-one tried to get us back online.
Finally the third person I spoke to in the complaint department was in agreement with me but after he spoke to the tech department changed his mind. At least he got someone to help us get reconnected with new addresses. Once we had established our new addresses Kathy and I had to notify everyone in our address books. You don't send out one notice at a time you need to Get'r Done so you send out a bulk notification. As soon as we hit send our accounts were frozen because Microsoft detected unusual activity in our accounts. Suspected Spam!
After getting little sleep last night and repeated calls to tech support the last two techs this afternoon were blaming the program on the one computer that nobody could get to properly work. Every time a different tech would attempt to get it working they would change the settings in the computer itself that the last tech had played with. That was nine techs that couldn't do their jobs properly.
I am not that Tech Savy so when we dropped it off at the computer shop we always deal with I was reminded of something important. Kathy and I each have a PC and a laptop and they all have the same operating systems. If three are working properly it is not the fault of the system in the fourth computer. They should be able to get to it tomorrow.
With only 12 days left before our next adventure these kind of delays are not needed but we'll manage them and everything else that needs taking care of. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers

A man goes to the doctor's office with a cucumber up his nose,
a carrot in his left ear and a banana in his right ear.
"What's the matter with me?" he asks the doctor.
The doctor replies, "You're not eating properly."

6 comments:

  1. Frustrating for sure. That's why many years ago we just got a Gmail account with a Gmail e mail address. Its good anywhere anytime and from any provider, and its free. Like free. Works on my Mac or a PC love it.
    Good luck with your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the stuff that my nightmares are made of. I hope you get it all squared away soon and more smoothly than it has been so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, after the move to Puerto Rico and back, I just went with web-mail (hotmail mostly, but also Gmail and Yahoo for the other junk) Works anywhere, and no "tech" is going to scrap it on me.
    Got tired of changing addresses and trying to get everyone on board.

    Actually, I've had my Hotmail account for so long now, that there's never any doubt as to its authenticity. Comes with time I suppose.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having run a computer business, I always loved it when the techs blamed computer problems on some mysterious hidden force instead of their inability to deal with the problem. Computers only do what they are told and at no time do they conspire on their own to frustrate mankind. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate dealing with those kinds of issues.

    ReplyDelete