It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

You Might Get a Redneck

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though I was still sore from installing the firepit and leveling the patio area yesterday we headed back to Karen and Greg's house this morning. Once I had the tools all ready I noted that some of the patio area had little to light gravel which would create a problem when it came time to make it all level.
After another trip to Home Depot for more gravel it was all spread, leveled and tamped before lunch. Kathy and I find it nice to enjoy our own picnic lunches that she packs for us. We did note that we were still under observation to make certain that the job was being done correctly.

After lunch things started taking shape Kathy even moved some bricks for me being careful not to drop them on her foot. Things were looking good with only a few adjustments it was all level until I noted an unstraight line. That problem would prove to require me to remove a number of the bricks so they could be shifted until all the brick joints lined up once again. One more problem occurred when the size of the patio was made larger then the number of paver bricks that we had in stock. The project will continue on Tuesday when it's not supposed to be raining.
This evening after taking a relaxing warm shower I was very surprised on the sensitivity of the water on my neck. Yes after working two sunny days straight on this patio my neck is now beet red and I've even developed calluses that I haven't had since I retired. My hands, back and legs are screaming in rebellion that they are retired. Really tired Yes but they're not allowed to retire.
In yesterday's post Karen in the Woods thought that Tyler was helping me to dig the firepit. Unfortunately that was not the case. That is Tyler and Greg his father trying to repair the storm drain in their backyard. Tyler is always trying to help but that small hole is now deeper then he is tall.
With other things we need to finish Kathy and I are looking forward to hitting the road in 28 days and welcoming Summer in 45 days. Be Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.


Krackers

What did one Abominable Snowman say to the other?

I'm afraid I just don't believe in people.

3 comments:

  1. This blog shows the natural flower as well the below the hill the two people doing some entertaining work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay thanks for the explanation! Now if Tyler is sassy, they can dump him down in that hole till he promises to behave? LOL

    The firepit patio sure is looking good!!!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how those sore backs feel...heat, ice, massages and lots of rest. The firepit area looks great!

    ReplyDelete