It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting Caught Up After Delayed Plans

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy managed to sleep much more comfortably last night because the pressure in her toe was greatly reduced. The infection seems to be clearing up. The temperature by 9:00 was already at 79 F ( 26 C ) with 87% humidity with higher temps predicted with the humidex close to the 100 F ( 38 C ) for the area. Kathy would not be able to survive that kind of heat with all her allergies so it was time to fire up the Air Conditioner.

Shortly after I started sorting and treating the laundry that I didn't do yesterday because of Kathy's medical problem. By the time I repacked the cart went down to the laundry room it was packed so it became neccessary to load one washer at a time as they became available. By 11:30 I had the washer going and had a chance to pick up the mail just on time for the first washer to finish. The problem was waiting for dryers to become available as well. It seemed like everyone's dryers were finishing at nearly the same time so before long I had everything set to dry and I was on my way to the apartment for lunch.

Our daughter Karen called moments before we were about to sit down for lunch saying she and Greg had found specially made bricks for the firepit and asked if I could meet her to pick them up. I said okay but after I finished with the laundry down stairs. After I finished lunch and went to get our clothes only to find someone had closed all the windows. They must have thought it was winter outside. It didn't take me long to open everything up but by the time I was done folding our clothes mine were on the damp side.

Karen had called saying she had already picked up the bricks so I was able to have a cool down. After supper Kathy and I went over for a short visit and a quick trip to the local Home Hardware to pick up the last organizing containers for the trailer.

Kathy and I would also like to welcome Roxi and Annie from the blog The Good Luck Duck as new followers to our post. Together they are enjoying the freedom that's afforded them through the RV Lifestyle and enjoy sharing it with everyone. Again Thank you for following our post.

Today's temperature seems to be reflective of what we can expect this Summer which officially starts in 48 days. That means I'll really have to buckle down to getting all my projects done before Kathy and I hit the road in 31 days. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers
  
You might be a Redneck if

You can't remember where your lawn mower is.

2 comments:

  1. Sure was a hot sticky day, a nice change after the cold days we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world we live in!!! We have only started reading your blog a short while ago and have enjoyed it very much...imagine our surprise when you mentioned friends traveling with you this June,Sandy & Gerry.They stopped and had a visit with us this past winter in Florida. My husband has know Gerry through Chrysler for quite a few years. Please say hello from us.
    Janet & Sheldon Smith

    ReplyDelete