Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Years ago the Company and Union realized that Workplace Human Rights Laws that had been in effect for over Twenty-Five Years were constantly being broken and came up with a unique way of fixing the problem. A number of Unionized Workers were selected to spread the word to those on the floor, whether they were new employees, or some from the Old Boys Club. The Company supplied meeting Rooms, Tables and Chairs and the rest was supplied by the Union. I don’t know if it was a privilege or a curse, because a lot of times, we as instructors were being accused of spreading falsehoods or just being Union Flunkies, even by newer employees. Eventually, things started improving and many of the Old Boys decided it was better to retire than face criminal charges. One very important thing instructors were told, “To be a good speaker, you also had to be a good listener”.
It seems that I haven’t been doing that lately and a good example of that was that call I said was upsetting last evening. The person at the other end was only saying part of what she meant, so I misinterpreted and she did not hear that I was cooking supper and did not want it to burn.
Because of that call, both Kathy and I spent most of the night staring at the ceiling, while tossing and turning, except while watching the Lightning reflecting through the Blinds. Neither of us got more than Three Hours Sleep after taking a ZzzQuil capsule at 3:30, to help make that happen.
I was certain neither of us would be up before noon but as what has been happening lately, my phone was going off by 8:30. Of course, it was a Doctor’s Office calling to confirm tomorrow’s appointment, when they already did that on Friday.
As we sat having our breakfast snack talking about what had led to our Sleepless Night. We thought it was due to the phone call and reviewed what was said. When I mentioned making supper and would talk later, the last words I heard were, “You’re not capable of handling that”. At that point I could have stuck the Frying Pan on my head to cook it. Then I asked Kathy if that was possibly a reference to my present physical abilities? Everything that everyone is trying to do, is not against us, but to help us through coming times.
We were barely at our Computers when our granddaughter Kylla called, wanting to take Kathy out for lunch. No problem, Kathy was getting ready before she finished asking.
I did a few chores before having a Toasted Tomato Sandwich for lunch. My head continued pounding, so figuring it was from lack of sleep I sat back in my Recliner. I figure that I napped for Thirty Minutes, just on time for Kathy to be putting her keys in the door.
Kathy was beaming as she always does when she goes out with Kylla. Besides having lunch, they went to check out a new playmate for Norman, who gets lonely when Kylla goes to work.
We shared Bacon/Veggie Wraps for supper, while watching the “6 o’clock Local News”. When they reference something in the US, we checked one of the “US News Networks” to get an equally accurate report.
We’ll be getting to bed early tonight and I’ll make certain we will sleep.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers
My son asked me to put his shoes on,
but I don’t think they’ll fit me.
No comments:
Post a Comment