Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sad Loss, Had Our Walk and More.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Just like I hoped, I was asleep in my Recliner before Midnight. Just like I hoped, I spent the last Seven Hours sleeping in Bed with Kathy. Just like I hoped, after a breakfast snack and more convincing, we went out for a morning walk. The entire walk around the Neighbourhood, she kept saying that she preferred walking in Air-Conditioned Stores but she made it today and will walk outside in the future.

Sadly, our son-in-law Greg’s mother passed early this morning. We have many memories of our own over the last Twenty-Six Years, sharing small talk and past adventures while attending family gatherings. She has fought many health issues over the years, now she can rest free of all that Pain. She will be missed by not only her Family but Friends as well.

We were barely in the door after our walk, when Kathy said she was starving. Like I mentioned yesterday, she seems to be developing quite the appetite. Part of the reason for taking these walks, is to possibly lose a few inches off our waists, along with a number of pounds. Kathy thinks that she should not feel hungry, but overeating is not good either. Over Thirty Years ago, Exercise and Eating Healthy Foods helped to lose over a Hundred Pounds. There were no Injectable Medications at the time, it was all determination and willpower. We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Pizza for a late lunch.

We were just sitting down to our Computers, when I had a bad feeling. With my expanded Waistline, I no longer fit in any of my suits. So, after some discussion, we headed out the door. Though the Wind was moderate, by going out the rear entrance we were in what I keep referring to as a Vortex. It practically blew us off our feet, until we got to the parking lot.

Since Covid, many Clothing Stores have closed their doors in Windsor, so we took a chance by going to Walmart. The last time we were there, it was slim pickings on clothe the size I used to wear. Just like I hoped, staff was busy filling the racks and shelves. Not only will I need clothes in the next few days, but Shirts for after my Shoulder Surgery. Kathy was happy that there were Shirts the perfect size and they were the first ones on all the racks, with all the smaller sizes behind. Other than Workpants, Socks and Underwear, it has been over Twenty Years since I shopped like this. Now it’s time to make room in the closet to hang them up.

As we were leaving at 4:30, Kathy said she was hungry. Luckily, we still have lots of Coupons to use at Wendy’s. There were all kinds of families and groups gathering before we got there, but we had to nudge our way out. Perfect timing!

We spent a little more time on the Computers, before watching the movie Star Wars, The Rise of Skywalker”. Like the last time, Kathy said that she wasn’t watching but kept telling the good side to watch out.

Since I forgot to look for Disposable Plastic Gloves while out, I had Kathy wear a Zip-Lock Bag on her hand to apply Voltaren on my Shoulder. It gave me instant relief, but as I write the Blog, seems to be fading fast. The Icy-Hot that I applied last night, was still working this morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

If the early bird gets the worm,

I’ll sleep in until there are pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. Same here ... Walmart and Target. No clothing stores at all and they do not seem to be coming back.

    ReplyDelete